Location Series: South London
Tuesday 25 April 2023
Known for its rich history, cultural diversity, and iconic landmarks, South London offers a unique blend of old and new, with a mix of historic sites, modern developments, and trendy hotspots. VSL explore the local highlights and top 5 venues in this diverse location...
With its extensive green spaces, visitors have flocked to the South London parks such as Clapham Common, Battersea Park, and Crystal Palace Park, providing ample opportunities for outdoor activities and recreation. The region is also home to several notable landmarks, such as the historic Greenwich area with its Royal Observatory and Cutty Sark, and the bustling Borough Market, known for its delicious food and vibrant atmosphere.
South London is known for its diverse communities, with a melting pot of cultures and ethnicities. This is reflected in the wide array of cuisines, markets, and festivals found throughout the region, offering a culinary journey around the world. The arts and culture scene in South London is also thriving, with numerous theatres, galleries, and music venues, including the popular O2 Arena and Brixton Academy, hosting a wide range of events and performances.
The region is well-connected by public transportation, with an extensive network of buses, trains, and the famous London Underground, providing easy access to other parts of the city. South London offers a mix of residential areas, ranging from leafy suburbs to urban neighbourhoods, making it an ideally located part of London for your next event...
Our Top 5 South London Venues
1) The O2 Arena: Located in Greenwich, The O2 Arena is one of the most popular entertainment venues in South London, housing a large indoor arena that hosts a wide range of events, including concerts, sports events, and comedy shows. With a seating capacity of up to 20,000, The O2 Arena has hosted performances by world-famous artists and has also been a venue for several large scale conferences and awards dinners.
2) Sea Containers Hotel: Located on Bankside, this stylish and luxurious hotel is housed in a striking building that was originally designed as a 1970s office block and has been transformed into a modern and sophisticated hotel with unique design elements. The Sea Containers hotel offers a variety of event spaces that are ideal for meetings, conferences and parties, namely their rooftop venue, 12th Knot; a stunning rooftop bar with panoramic views of the River Thames and the London skyline. This unique event space offers a trendy and sophisticated setting for cocktail receptions, networking events, or summer parties, with an outdoor terrace providing a scenic backdrop.
3) Magazine: A cutting-edge event venue located in the Greenwich Peninsula, East London, Magazine is a versatile, purpose-built space that offers state-of-the-art facilities for a wide range of events, from corporate conferences and product launches to exhibitions, cultural events, and live performances. The venue is designed to be flexible, with an open-plan layout that allows for customizable event setups and configurations. It features a spacious main hall with high ceilings, ample natural light, and a sleek industrial aesthetic, providing a modern and contemporary backdrop for events, and catered for exclusively by the fabulous Moving Venue.
4) The Shangri-La London: A luxury hotel located in The Shard, one of the iconic skyscrapers on the South Bank of the River Thames in London. It is known for its breathtaking views of the London skyline, impeccable service, and world-class amenities. One of the highlights of The Shangri-La London is its exceptional event spaces. The hotel features several versatile and sophisticated event venues that can cater to various occasions, from business meetings and conferences to private dinners and standing receptions. The event spaces offer panoramic views of London, state-of-the-art AV equipment, and personalised services to ensure a seamless event experience.
5) Bar Elba: Located in London Waterloo, Bar Elba is a popular rooftop bar that offers stunning views of London, delicious cocktails, and a lively atmosphere. With its unique theme, relaxed vibe, and vibrant events, it is a must-visit destination for those looking for a fun and memorable event experience in the heart of London. One of the highlights of Bar Elba is its rooftop terrace, offering panoramic views of London's skyline, including famous landmarks such as the London Eye, The Shard, and St. Paul's Cathedral. The rooftop terrace is a perfect spot to enjoy a drink, soak in the views, and take in the vibrant atmosphere of the city, an ideal spot for your summer party.