Find your dream London Event Venue
with our free Venue Finding Service
The most comprehensive directory with 1,696 London event spaces listed
Save Time, Money & Stress - let our unbiased experts do the hard work for you
Our service is 100% free & we can even negotiate some great venue prices
7 tips for booking London conference venues
Tuesday 12 November 2019
Organising a conference can often be demanding and sometimes a little overwhelming. Here are Venue Search London’s 7 top tips for booking conference venues in London to ensure they run as smoothly as possible...
1. Plan Early - it’s important to get ahead of the game, you should start planning at least six months prior to your event. However, conference venues in London can get booked very fast and for larger conferences and exhibitions the planning may start a year in advance!
2. Location - Location is always an important factor when booking a conference venue in London. However, there are still some locations which fall under the radar because they are interpreted to be far away. For example, there are some fantastic conference venues such as Tobacco Dock, Studio Spaces, Events at No 6 which are in Shadwell and Aldgate. These locations are actually only 10 minutes from The City and 15 minutes from The West End by tube.
3. Set a date - When deciding on a date for your conference, it’s important to look at different factors such as avoiding bank holidays and even school holidays! However, if you can be a little bit more flexible with the date then this can definitely be used to your advantage. Most corporate clients look to hire their meetings and conference venues in London on Wednesdays and Thursday, so if you’re able to consider a Monday, Tuesday or even a Friday it is likely that you'll be able to grab yourself a great deal. It is also worth considering the months which your event may fall as this can also affect the cost.
4. Timings - more and more clients are looking to host networking receptions post conferences. However, when hiring a conference venue in London if you are extending your event past the generic daytime hire (normally around 17:30) this can often lead to a surge on the venue hire. Why not look at having a slightly shorter lunch break or having the conference finish slightly earlier and you’ll be able to save some cash.
5. Vision - It’s important to have a clear idea and understanding of what you want for your event when hiring a conference venue. Finding the perfect venue for your event will be straight forward if you have an understanding of the type of venue aesthetics you want for your conference as well as the budget.
6. Catering - depending on the type of venue you decide to hire for you conference will depend whether catering is included or whether you will need to look into hiring an external catering company. If the catering is not provided in-house then it is important to look at the venues preferred supplier list and also keep in mind any dietaries that guests may have.
7. Venue Finding - free venue finding can be invaluable to your event, why not let Venue Search London do the groundwork for you!
If you need help finding a venue for your next conference or any other London venue hire enquiries please get in touch with Venue Search London today.