Find your dream London Event Venue
with our free Venue Finding Service
The most comprehensive directory with 1,808 London event spaces listed
Save Time, Money & Stress - let our unbiased experts do the hard work for you
Our service is 100% free & we can even negotiate some great venue prices
London Christmas Party Survey - The results are in!
Monday 14 May 2018
The full results of Venue Search London’s second London Christmas Party Survey were recently revealed to over 200 corporate buyers and agencies at their London Christmas Party Show seminars at Plaisterers' Hall and are now available for free download.
The survey covers the party choices of over 300 corporate party buyers in the 2017 season, revealing the continued strength of this important London Christmas Party market and key trends and changes in buyers’ intentions for the upcoming 2018 season.
The top ten trends identified by the survey are:
- The overall market remains strong with over 90% of 2017 party buyers planning to book a 2018 party and a further 9% awaiting a decision or approval.
- The average spend per head rose by 2% in 2017 to £86.44 + VAT, with the proportion of buyers spending over £100 + VAT per guest rose from 28% to 32% in 2017.
- 55% of parties are now held at restaurants, bars and clubs (up from 52% in 2016), with 40% of buyers opting for tables at Shared Party Nights or in restauarnts.
- 59% of parties still opt for the more formal seated lunch or dinner catering style, with no noticeable change in this trend since 2016.
- Thursdays and Fridays remain the most popular nights for parties, accounting for 69% of the total market.
- Over half (56%) of 2017 Christmas parties finished after midninght with 17% ending after 1am, indicating continuing demand for venues with late licences.
- There is an increasing trend towards lunchtime events, which now represent 21% of the total Christmas party market (up from 18% in 2016).
- Only 13% of buyers have booked their 2018 parties before the end of April, continuing the recent trend for later booking cycles for contracting Christmas party venues.
- Average guest numbers are likely to increase for 2018, with 30% of respondees indicating an increase in guests for 2018 and only 4% forecasting a reduction from 2017.
- 45% of total surveyed event spend will be booked through venue finders and event agencies, representing an 11% increase from 2017.
The full 2108 London Christmas Party Survey results are now available for free download.